Monday, August 6, 2012

Chapter Five: War


Chapter Five
War
Posted August 6, 2012


While reading John Crawford’s Handouts, and his reflections on the war in Iraq, I was immediately wrought with the overwhelming pain of September 11th, as if it had happened just yesterday. The tragic scenes played themselves over and over in my mind like a scratched vinyl record, and no matter how hard I tried, I could not still my sense of foreboding. Then, I remembered going to war after the attack and the pride and patriotism all Americans felt that day. The dichotomy within my heart confuses me as much today as it did back then. Ten years later, we are still a nation at war. I remember waking up that rainy day in May, 2011, to hear the triumph of Seal Team 6. “Finally,” I thought to myself, “We can bring our boys home.” Yet still, a year later, the war remains constant. I will always support our soldiers, no matter what; but, I long to end this chapter of American history. There will always be an “Osama Bin Laden” out there somewhere, just as there will always be brave men and women to fight him.


K.J. Brubaker
Keiser University
Professor Fischetti

2 comments:

Jomama said...

Great pic young lady!
nicely done...

Anonymous said...

I would give anything for this war to be over. Too many loved ones not returning home to their family...:( You are an amazing photographer.